Newport

Newport

Friday, August 24, 2012

"Indian Spring" Cottage, A.K.A. Wrentham House



"Indian Spring" was the summer home of the Busk Family. It was built by Richard Morris Hunt, with landscaping designed by Fredrick Law Olmstead. The 22-room, 14,400 square foot mansion includes 8 bedrooms, a 1,800 square foot master suite, which includes his and her baths and an adjacent study, 13 bathrooms, a large great hall, private library and dining room and a large veranda. The mansion has in recent years undergone a restoration process, restoring the original interiors and grounds.

1 comment:

  1. As an older art collector since my wife passed away, I must admit to being very partial to collecting nudes in art, as original paintings or as good prints, that I have displayed all over the house. (I like to see the surprised faces of my new visitors).
    This one,
    http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LHTDD, by Emile Munier, is hanging in one corner of my bedroom and was printed by wahooart.com, where I am a very good customer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...